Project A+Athletes Powered by D1 Sports
A+Athletes Powered by D1 Sports, a cutting-edge athletic establishment in the Dallas suburb of Carrollton, has owner and former Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib’s footprint all over it. From the indoor football field with artificial turf to a 2-acre outdoor football field with natural grass to the high-speed performance track, it is evident that the NFL star worked closely with A M King and Sports Med Properties to ensure the complex met his high standards.
The newest D1 franchise serves as Aqib’s off-season training facility, while also meeting needs of amateur and professional athletes in the community. The 20,000-square-foot facility also features a yoga studio and a VIP lounge, both unique amenities to D1 facilities. The building has five 12’ x 12’ glass roll-up doors that offer an abundance of natural lighting and allow breezes to pass through the building when open.
- 9,500-square foot indoor football field with artificial turf — utilized 30,000 pounds of sand and 20,000 pounds of rubber
- 2-acre outdoor football field with natural grass, complete with irrigation system
- 100-meter track with synthetic surface
- Design-Build of physical therapy space, including state-of-the-art cryogenic center
- Underground fire loop with hydrants allows fire department to strategically supply water to building