Named as a #1 Best Place to work, A M King is a fully integrated Design-Build firm with offices in Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC.
A M King (www.amkinggroup.com) is currently seeking a Business Development Manager for our Greenville SC office, which is also the office of Aiken Mitchell (www.aikenmitchell.com) a wholly owned subsidiary of A M King. This position will support our in-house Design-Build efforts and the overall business by performing a variety of business development and sales duties. This position will require a broad knowledge of the design and construction industry, particularly as it relates to our focus markets of industrial manufacturing, processing, distribution, commercial and medical office facilities.
In addition, this Business Development position is responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism and is required to possess and exhibit excellent communication skills in dealing with external clients and internal team members. Internally, frequent contact with numerous employees is required. Externally, the Business Development Manager will be in constant contact with customers, vendors, and others who interact with and support our organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Actively participates in target client industry trade associations and strategic community and industry activities for lead generation and visibility of the company.
- Identifies and pursues potential client/project opportunities and is accountable for the success of those pursuits.
- Continuously cultivates and maintains positive relationships with sources for lead generation.
- Serves as an active member of sales pursuit teams.
- Champions within the office, a proactive, externally focused sales culture.
- Stays in frequent contact with new, existing and past clients to uncover opportunities; acts as a sounding board with respect to our performance and as a lead generation activity.
- Participates as a member of the office leadership with direct responsibility for certain potential clients; assists other members of the team in keeping commitments with their potential clients.
- Apprises office leadership of current and anticipated market issues and conditions.
- Maintains prospect information/tracking data and provides input to other company pipeline systems.
- Attends regular sales meetings in the Company to maintain accountability; coordinate Sales activity; set priorities and measure progress against plan.
- Leads or assists with development and production of qualifications, proposals and presentations including coaching of presentation teams.
- Reports to the Company any observations made in the marketplace that may represent areas for improvement or opportunities for new strategic initiatives by the Company.
- Cooperates and coordinates with Corporate Marketing, utilizing their resources and services to support office marketing and sales efforts.
- Assists, cooperates and coordinates with other Company offices to maximize sales.
General Background and Minimum Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, construction, architecture or related field.
- Three to five years of business development experience with business development experience preferred in the design or construction industry.
- Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills.
- Interpersonal – able to work within a team environment and persuade people at all organization levels.
- Goal oriented – demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals.
- Organizational ability – demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects.
- Leadership – demonstrated ability to develop and self-manage strategies and activities necessary to consistently achieve results.
|Standard Office Environment||30||% of time|
|Out of Office (Including Travel)||70||% of time|
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to HR@amkinggroup.com.